Access to multiscreen video buffers

Mark Dornfeld rompub at gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca
Thu Nov 22 08:57:59 AEST 1990

A friend is writing an application that requires a process to be able
to read and write SCO Xenix multiscreen video buffers.

Without going into too many details, the process needs to check the
status of any buffer, which multiscreen is current, what the contents
of the sreen are and update the contents based on the information
currently in buffer.

I know the buffers are sitting in memory somewhere, but I haven't been
able to find the information in the documentation.

I'd appreciate any help I could get here and hope the answer uses
standard system calls.

Please reply, if possbile via email to:

.....!utzoo!rom!mark

Mark T. Dornfeld