How to get PgUp and PgDn keys working in vi?

Rick Mobley rick at lrark.UUCP
Fri Nov 9 18:23:30 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov6.081308.68 at actrix.co.nz> paul at actrix.co.nz (Paul Gillingwater) writes:
 >SCO Xenix 2.3 on 386.  I'd like to get the PgUp and PgDn keys
 >working on the console terminal multi-screens.  I tried creating a
 >.exrc with the following in it:
 >
 >map! ^[[I ^[^u
 >map! ^[[G ^[^d

I have the following in my .exrc file:

map ^[[G ^F   <-- for PgDn
map ^[[I ^B   <-- for PgUp
map ^[[H 1G   <-- for Home
map ^[[F G    <-- for End

Works as advertised!

 >This is not well documented by SCO.  It didn't work.  (Of course I
 >used ^V to escape the ^[ and other control codes).

Escape with ^V as you mentioned.

--
rick at lrark.UUCP       *    bang path --> uunet!ddi1!lrark!rick    *
Ricky Mobley          *          LRTUG (501) 224-9454             *