NetComm123 modem connection to Xenix system

Grant Sayer grants at syacus.acus.oz
Tue Sep 25 15:04:39 AEST 1990

Are there any special settings required on a NetComm123 SA modem for
connection to a PC running Xenix ?  Tests on the port and cable with
another modem allows login but it fails with the NetComm.  The symptoms
are a long delay until the carrier detect occurrs followed by a Connect
2400 message with a garbage response.
	I suspect the parity or command modde is echoing characters and
conflicting with the line driver (getty).  Any suggestions would be
appreciated.  Please e-mail as I don't read this group  frequently.

Thanks in Advance
Grant Sayer (grants at syacus.acus.oz.au)