Xenix on PS-2 with SCSI disk

Dave Close davec at shared.uucp
Mon Apr 1 10:26:23 AEST 1991

When trying to install Xenix 2.3.2 on an IBM PS-2/80 with 80MB SCSI disk
and the IBM SCSI adapter, the installation fails when trying to run fdisk,
early in the process.  This is the first PS-2/80 with SCSI (not ESDI) we
have tried and don't know where to try next.  We'll call SCO Monday but
figure there is a good chance the net will answer sooner.  Any ideas?

>  DOS works.
>  The failure indicates that Xenix can't see the disk at all.

I thought all Xenix now supported SCSI.  I know earlier versions did not,
but I believe the GT and AT versions have now been merged.

--
       	Dave Close         Shared Financial Systems          Dallas
        	davec at shared.com       vmail +1 214 458 3850