HELP - Adding a second hard drive

Rich Glosson glosson at mdtf12.fnal.gov
Tue Apr 2 08:33:39 AEST 1991

I would like to add a second drive to my system which I will just use
solely as a DOS drive.  This drive already contains data that I don't
want to lose.  When I boot the system with the drive installed, I get
an kernel error and the system will not boot.  If I make the DOS partition
the active partition on the first drive, DOS comes up fine and recognizes
the second drive as drive D.  Is there something on the second drive that
interups XENIX from booting?  What happens when you turn your system on
to the point of recognizing what drive and partition to boot from?

Please-someone respond!

glosson at mdtf12.fnal.gov