c-news install, tty01, and Tandy 3000 Xenix

techsys consulting berk at techsys.uucp
Thu Apr 4 03:49:31 AEST 1991

I am trying to use a Xenix which I bought from a dealer
in TX, which turned out to be a TRS version.  It comes
up saying Tandy 3000 SYSV/286.  It is TRS ver 1.0.0.,
Docs indicate that it is MS SYSV/286 ver3. PROBLEMS:
dial is broke (only likes 1200b hayes or trs modems, src
on disk for dial disagrees with src in docs, anyway) so
news feeds might have to be done on the PC and networked
to the 286 :(.  C-NEWS - keeps core dumping in the make
doit.bin, and I can't find why.

If someone could e-mail a proto build.def that might work,
or any info on unquirking Xenix, I'd be SO grateful.

........usc!srhqla!demott!techsys!berk