/usr/lib/uucp/R_stat

Andy Piziali andy at piziali.lonestar.org
Mon Apr 1 13:00:50 AEST 1991

I am running a close relative of version 7 UUCP, bundled with IBM Xenix 1.0 on
an IBM PC-AT.  Xenix 1.0 is a repackaged Microsoft Xenix 3.0.  The problem I am
having is this: the "uucp" program removes the /usr/lib/uucp/R_stat file.
Given an existing /usr/lib/uucp/R_stat with the following owners and file
permissions:

    -rw-r--r--   1 uucp   uucp       0 Mar 31 20:37 /usr/lib/uucp/R_stat

if I run "uucp," which is installed like this:

    -rws--x--x   1 uucp   uucp   27341 Aug 31  1984 /usr/bin/uucp*

the file /usr/lib/uucp/R_stat is removed.  There seems to be no adverse effect
in terms of UUCP transfers but the message

    File /usr/lib/uucp/R_stat access denied

is displayed by both "uucp" and "uustat" and "uustat" is not able to report on
UUCP job status.

Why would "uucp" be deleting this file?
--
Home:	           andy at piziali.lonestar.org                |