vpix and the a: drive...

neal at mnopltd.UUCP neal at mnopltd.UUCP
Wed Apr 24 14:49:01 AEST 1991

->has anyone out there successfully installed vpix on a xenix (or unix)
->machine?  I have installed sco vpix 1.2 on xenix 2.3.3 386 and
->cannot seem to get it to access either the first floppy drive (so I
->can't install any software) or the first (primary) dos partition on
->the second physical harddisk.  under xenix, the floppy works as
->/dev/rfd096ds15; a standard 1.2 M 5 1/4.  the second hard drive
->is /dev/rdsk/1s0.  I've tried everything but the correct answer in
->vpix.cnf, but even when a: is set to rfd096ds15, which works in
->xenix, vpix doesn't even TRY to access the drive before a drive
->not ready error.
->
->Has anyone got this to work?

Yuppers.

I seem to remember some mumbo jumbo about sometimes having to open and
shut the door the very first time.

This is what I have
C			$HOME/vpix/C:
ROM			/usr/vpix/defaults/rom
CMOS			/usr/vpix/defaults/cmos
BOOTIMAGE		$HOME/vpix/vpix.img
EGAROM			/usr/vpix/defaults/romega
;EGAROM			/usr/vpix/defaults/romvga
;A			/dev/rfd048
A			/dev/rfd096ds9
;A			/dev/rfd096ds15
;A			/dev/rfd0135ds18
;B			/dev/rfd148
;B			/dev/rfd196ds9
;B			/dev/rfd196
;B			/dev/rfd1135ds18
;B			$HOME/vpix/B:
;D			/dev/hd00
D			/dev/hd10
COM1			/dev/tty1a
;MOUSE			/dev/mouse/vpix0
;MOUSE			/dev/mouse/vpixkb

->
->thanks in advance!
->jeffs
->--
->Jeff Smith               | #include <stdDisclaimer.h>
->Brock Control Systems    | uucp: ...!gatech!emory!bcs800!jeffs
->                         | internet: jeffs%bcs800.uucp at mathcs.emory.edu
->tel: +404 431 1200       | -All my life I said I wanted to be someone...
->                         | -now I can see I should have been more specific.
->

Neal Rhodes                       MNOP Ltd                     (404)- 972-5430
President                Lilburn (atlanta) GA 30247             Fax:  978-4741
                             emory!mnopltd!neal
                         gatech!emory!mnopltd!neal