Can anyone comment on IBM Xenix v2.0?

Chester Sinclair sinclair at chaos.cs.brandeis.edu
Sat Apr 20 10:39:49 AEST 1991

Hello.  I am looking for a UNIX (tm) environment for my 80386-based
PC.  I am considering buying IBM Xenix version 2.0 (because I can get
a good price on it!), and am looking for any users' input on this
Xenix.

Some questions:

Will this Xenix take advantage of the power of a 386 cpu?

Does it include graphics drivers for pc video (SVGA) (I am hoping to
run X)

Does it include a c compiler (I assume it MUST!  :-)

Any general comments/observations/criticisms will be a *great* help!

Thanks much for any input (please reply by email)!

cheers,