Can anyone comment on IBM Xenix v2.0?

Scott Reynolds scott at clmqt.marquette.Mi.US
Tue Apr 30 15:07:28 AEST 1991

In article <FZ+AP5 at xds13.ferranti.com>, peter at ficc.ferranti.com
	(Peter da Silva) writes:

>In article <1991Apr26.001231.4238 at bilver.uucp> bill at bilver.uucp (Bill Vermillion) writes:
>>  In the ioctl area I was taking the state of the tty and anding
>>  with something like.

>>      newtty.c_(someflag) &= (somevalue).

>> This worked on both the uPort and SCO but failed on IBM.

>I'd have to see the code, but from your description it sounds like you had
>a problem with the code, or a bug in the compiler.

I'd have to see that code, also.  The system I am using to post this
article from is running IBM XENIX 2.0 and it doesn't have any problem
with code of the sort you're talking about here; perhaps that was a bug
in the 1.0 release, but not this one.  The area that I _have_ had a lot
of problems with is the curses library, but certainly not the standard
library.  The compiler also has a few minor problems, some of which
were addressed in the maintenance releases; perhaps the (somevalue)
expression wasn't very portable, but I can't be sure.

IBM used the Microsoft 3.0 release, which is a System V.something
derivative.  I can always get stuff written for Vr2 to work, and most
Vr3 stuff to work, provided I don't have any massive memory requirements
to work around.
--
scott at clmqt.marquette.MI.US	  |
Scott Reynolds			- + -