Xenix VGA screen support

Harald Milne harald at boink.UUCP
Sun Jan 6 18:43:13 AEST 1991

In article <1990Dec29.193710.13268 at xenitec.on.ca>, edhew at xenitec.on.ca (Ed Hew) writes:
> In article <GERARD.90Dec27115559 at custard.think.com> gerard at custard.think.com (Gerard Louise) writes:
> >	I am running Xenix 286 ver 2.1.3 on a 286/10 MHZ , 2MB base memory
                       ^^^
> >machine.
> >I called SCO and all they could suggest was to purchase a newer version of
> >Xenix.  I would appreciate any suggestion
> >Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.
>
> It's not recognizing the VGA adapter.
>
> You might get away with an Update "A" (if this is still available),
> but it really makes more sense simply to install an update "R"
> and then load (with custom) SLS XNX155 to go to 2.3.3 (current for
> Xenix).

    That is current for the 386, not the 286. SCO doesn't seem to support
anything past 2.3.2 for the 286.

	xnx155 is also only for the 386, so no go here either.

	I'm using 2.3.2 for the 286, and it has a vga driver, but I don't know
if it works or not.

	286 users are S.O.L. if something doesn't work in 2.3.2. so check if
what you need works at all, otherwise your just wasting time and money.
--
Harald Milne                   RISCy business	       uunet!ccicpg!boink!harald