Help - Compiling ecu3

N. Del More noel at ubbs-nh.MV.COM
Sat Jan 12 04:35:29 AEST 1991

Finally got all of the pieces to ecu3, including patch1, but for some
reason I am unable to get it to compile.

Part of the problem is I am not a programmer and the Makefile (Make.ecu)
is a bit beyond my ability to comprehend it.  In particular it is not
clear what modifications should be made to SYSTEM, COMFLAGS and LDFLAGS.
The other part of the problem is a number of warning messages and fatal
errors incountered during compilation.

I recieve a number of warnings about M_Termcap redirection in those files
utilizing /usr/include/curses.h, one error at link stage concerning
_calloc being defined twice in /lib/386/Slibc.a(calloc.o) and one
fatal error in ecuutil.c about unresollved externals by /bin/ld
concerning _memmove.

I have attempted to modifiy the makefile in many different ways, but
regardless, it always bombs in exacxtly the same manner.

Any ideas????

Thanks
Noel
--
Noel B. Del More             |                             decvax!ubbs-nh!noel
17 Meredith Drive            |                             noel at ubbs-nh.mv.com