Need help in setting terminal attributes during outgoing "cu"

mike.stefanik mike at bria.UUCP
Fri Jun 7 09:27:51 AEST 1991

In an article, michael at yonder.UUCP (Michael E. Haws) writes:
>I have an SCO xenix 2.3.2 machine and have the need to adjust the
>port characteristics on an outgoing "cu" connection for this one
>_particular_ machine I need access to.  I need to set "ISTRIP" in particular.

A quote from the Holy Tome:

	In addition, cu uses the following options to determine communications
	settings:

	-o  If the remote system expects or sends 7-bit with odd parity
	-e  If the remote system expects or sends 7-bit with even parity
	-oe If the remote system expects or sends 7-bit, ignoring parity
	    and sends 7-bit with either parity

	By default, cu expects and sends 8-bit characters without parity.
	If the login prompt received appears to contain incorrect 8-bit
	characters, or a correct login is rejected, use the 7-bit options
	described above.

So, in this case, use -oe.  Works fine, lasts a long time.

--
Michael Stefanik, MGI Inc, Los Angeles | Opinions stated are never realistic
Title of the week: Systems Engineer    | UUCP: ...!uunet!bria!mike