S/w to allow sheetfeeder on Diablo 630

George L. Rachor Jr. george at endeavor.intel.com
Fri Mar 29 03:29:50 AEST 1991

I reciently purchased a sheetfeeder to attach to a Diablo 630 printer.  This
printer has been the sole printing device on an Intel 310 running under Xenix
286 Release 3.5.

This new sheetfeeder has no electrical interface to the printer.
I need to modify something somewhere to that after the current page is printed
the printer performs a 'Form Feed' before printing on the next page.  It needs
to be issued this form feed even if I am sending a 2 page text file with no
fomatting.

Can I do this in the /etc/printcap file?  Is there any way I can send the
printer an initialization string before printing a file?

--

George Rachor Jr.
Intel Corporation