IDE drives

Kevin Weller n025fc at tamuts.tamu.edu
Sat Mar 9 12:59:37 AEST 1991

In article <287 at sporty.UUCP> root at sporty.UUCP (Super STUD) writes:

> I installed an IDE drive.  I selected a destructive scan (wont hurt, nothing
> on the drive, eh?).  WRONG  The system worked for a bout 24 hours before I
> started getting tons of errors on the hard drive.  I had to install a new HD.
>
>  DO NOT SELECT DESTRUCTIVE SCAN.  You can, however, scan non-destructively.

I think you had a bad hard drive.  I've used the destructive scan
several times (bought first disk, reorganized partitions once, bought
second disk), and I've had no problems.  I'm using Conner CP-3204 and
Conner CP-3104 IDE drives.

-- Kev
internet: n025fc at tamuts.tamu.edu                |  aTm  |  GIG 'EM, AGGIES!  |
CIS:      73327,1447  (but I rarely log on)     \-------+--------------------/