Configuring COM3 - SOLVED!!!

SPIESMAN, BILL spiesman at amarna.gsfc.nasa.gov
Wed Mar 20 11:40:27 AEST 1991

I have found the solution to the problem where, when
trying to add another serial port, my modifications
to /usr/sys/io/sioconf.c did not seem to make it
into the new KERNEL. The problem is that I have
VP/ix; if VP/ix is installed, the serial
driver that is actually loaded into the KERNEL is
the one in vpixio.a, not the one in libio.a. The
makefile provided by SCO only puts a modified
sioconf.o in the standard serial driver archive.
So, even though VP/ix will not support COM3 or COM4,
you have to update the serial device driver in
vpixio.a (by hand) in order that changes be reflected
in the new KERNEL.

Thanks to all of you who replied.