Terminfo problem with curses

Guy Lamoureux lamoureu at crc2.sofkin.ca
Sat May 4 04:40:48 AEST 1991

	OS:		XENIX System V.2
	Application:	terminfo
	Terminal:	UNISYS uvt1224
	Problem:

	I have an application which has a window which borders the
	the last column on the screen.  When a character is printed
	in the last column of the screen, the text in the line which
	follows is displayed 1 character to the left.

	Text should appear as follows:

        |                                   this is the first line|
        |                                   this is the second    |
	.                                                         .
	.                                                         .
	.                                                         .

	but the text appears as follows:

        |                                   this is the first line|
        |                                  this is the second     |
	.                                                         .
	.                                                         .
	.                                                         .

	The above example is displayed using the following
	algorithm:

		move to x,y in window
		put "this is the first line"
		move to x,y+1 in window
		put "this is the second"
		refresh windown.

	I have tried initializing the terminfo entry for the
	specified terminal to indicate that the terminal does
	not support "automatic margins" (am is false), but that
	did not seem to help.  I'm not sure if this is a terminfo
	problem or a problem with my terminal description.

	Does anyone have any answers?

Thanks;

Guy.

lamoureu at crc2.sofkin.ca (Guy Lamoureux)