ICOM 3210A, delay on "turn around" on TWO METERS, none on 440?

Daniel Wynalda danielw at wyn386.mi.org
Wed May 22 23:00:33 AEST 1991

I recently purchased an ICOM3210A mobile dual band radio.  This rig
is a 2M/440 rig.  I'm not sure if I just didn't notice it at first, but
I believe it just started acting strangely.   I'm not sure if this is
normal, but here's what it's doing.

When I transmit on 2 Meters and let up on the PTT key, the radio
takes a SMALL (100-200 milliseconds) to TURN AROUND (go to RECEIVE).

On 440, it appears to immediately switch back.   Is this something that
might be blown from a bad antenna connection, or is this something I can
modify?

I have seen people talking about modifying an ICOM 3200 to REDUCE the
delay for packet.  Is this the delay referred to?  It isn't really a bother
to functionality except when on autopatches when people don't know to wait
before responding.

If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

--
Daniel Wynalda       | (616) 866-1561 X22 Ham:N8KUD Net:danielw at wyn386.mi.org
Wynalda Litho Inc.   | 8221 Graphic Industrial Pk. | Rockford, MI  49341