Need assistance with afio problem.

Bill Campbell bill at camco.Celestial.COM
Tue May 28 04:11:31 AEST 1991

In <446 at yonder.UUCP> michael at yonder.UUCP (Michael E. Haws) writes:

:I am trying to use afio to back up my 386 based SCO Xenix 2.3.2 system.
:The command I use is

:find /usr /u -print | afio -oZ -L/back/log | dd of=/dev/rct0 ibs=10b obs=1000b

:Part way thru the backup, messages appear in the log file something to the
:effect of "File table overflow" repeated many times.  On the console the
:message "Inode table overflow" appears many times.  When the job
:completes the "df" command shows 1000's of free inodes. I suspect it may
:have something to do with the compressing of the data but does any one know
:for sure.

I've used afio extensively here for backups and use:
	find . -print | afio -ov -c 100 -f -s <tapesize_in_blocks> /dev/rct0

This handles multiple volumes properly, is fast, and has never
failed on any of my systems.  What more can I ask?

Bill
--
INTERNET:  bill at Celestial.COM   Bill Campbell; Celestial Software
UUCP:   ...!thebes!camco!bill   6641 East Mercer Way