Need assistance with afio problem.

Michael E. Haws michael at yonder.UUCP
Wed May 29 13:22:34 AEST 1991

In article <1991May28.172728.26275 at gjetor.geac.COM>, adeboer at gjetor.geac.COM (Anthony DeBoer) writes:
> The difference is in what you mean by "compress during backup".  The easy way
> to do it is "find | cpio | compress | dd", to compress the whole backup in one
> pass.  An error in the middle of the tape could screw up the decompression for
> the whole remainder of the tape.

The version of afio that I am using came from the Ohio State archives and the
compression extension was added by Jeff Buhrt.  It does not compress the
the cpio archive as a whole but compresses each file individually before it
puts it in the archive.
--
Michael E. Haws             "Keep the blue side up"          w - (303) 986-2370
boulder!yonder!michael                                       h - (303) 232-0628
michael%yonder at csn.org