Renaming filesystems/partitions

Sean Fulton sean at utoday.UUCP
Thu Aug 30 23:17:27 AEST 1990

Yesterday I did an install of Xenix 2.3 on a 150M hard drive and
decided afterward I had mixed up the partitions. Basically, I added
things up, and it turned out that my /usr/spool partition was about
the size I wanted my /u partition to be, and /u was about the size I
wanted /usr/spool to be. These were named spool (mounted on
/usr/spool) and u (mounted on /u).

So, I renamed the /dev files (both b and c), yet when the filesystems
come up, I still get messages like:

WARNING: Mounted <u> on </usr/spool> ...

There doesn't seem to be any functional difference that I've noted,
but the naming could cause some problems. Any idea how to truly rename
the partitions short of doing another install?

--
Sean Fulton    						      uunet!utoday!sean
Unix Today!