IRQ 2 with WD8003

John Lawitzke jhl at kira.uucp
Sat Dec 8 09:10:25 AEST 1990

>From article <TF2L3KD at geminix.in-berlin.de>, by gemini at geminix.in-berlin.de (Uwe Doering):
> horke at buchonia.rhoen.in-berlin.de (Bernhard Kroenung) writes:
>
>>I wanted to add an WD8003 with IRQ 2 and Base-Adress 0x280 or 0x300 or
>>0x380 - but none of them work correctly - the system showed the wd-card
>>at IRQ 31, but ping, ftp,.. won`t work ....

When I put put Archive tape drives into a Xenix system, I put them in on
IRQ2. On a AT-style system, the IRQ2 line from the expansion bus goes
into IRQ9 of the interrupt controllers. Through magic, you tell Xenix
the card is on interrupt 25 (decimal). The 31 you see at boot is octal.
31 octal = 25 decimal.

--
j                               |%|John Lawitzke, Dale Computer Corp., R&D
Inquiring minds just wondering. |%|Internet: jhl at frith.egr.msu.edu