Passing arguments to 'login' program in /etc/gettydefs

JOHN GIBSON jg at bjcong.bj.co.uk
Thu Dec 13 01:50:03 AEST 1990

Can anybody tell me if it is possible to pass arguments to an alternative
'login program' in "/etc/gettydefs" (ie. the program following the "AUTO"
keyword in a gettydefs entry). I have tried enclosing the entire string
in double or single quotes without success. I am aware that use of a shell
script is a possible solution.

I am using SCO 386 XENIX.

Please reply using email and I shall summarise the responses.

--
John Gibson, Boldon James Limited, Congleton, CHESHIRE CW12 1JN, UK.
jg at bj.co.uk (UK only)