Smail 2.5 and SCO Unix 3.2.2

Warren D. Calhoun calhoun at usaos.uucp
Wed Dec 5 00:01:45 AEST 1990

In <1990Dec3.185151.23821 at d.cs.okstate.edu> klarich at d.cs.okstate.edu (KLARICH TERRY JAME) writes:

>In article <107 at avatar.avatar.com> kory at avatar.avatar.com (Kory Hamzeh) writes:
>>I'm trying to get smail 2.5 to work under SCO Unix 3.2.2 and I'm having
>>lot's of problems.

>I would suggest getting mmdf to work.  Sco doesn't distribute the latest
>version.  You can get the last release from gatekeeper.dec.com.  This is
>the mailer I use both at home (xenix 2.3.3) and at work (ultrix 4.0).  I
>have been happy with the ease of configuration as well as the ease of
>operation.

Or, just go with smail3.  It has numerous advantages over smail2.5 (it's a
completely different animal), and compiles on SCO Unix 3.2.[012] MUCH easier
than mmdf.  Combine this with something like ELM 2.3 and you have a powerful
setup.

--
| SSG W.D. Calhoun                  |       UUCP: ...!uunet!usaos!calhoun    |
| Gas Turbine Engine (52F) Branch   |   INTERNET: calhoun%usaos at uunet.uu.net |