Complete mail subsystem for Xenix

WSHB Operations Eng michaelb at wshb.csms.com
Wed Dec 5 01:34:36 AEST 1990

I'm going to be setting up a new Xenix box soon and I'd like to avoid
some of the hoops I have had to jump through before. What I am thinking of
doing is just completely leaving the SCO mail stuff out during the
installation and putting in a more unix like mail system, ie. no
/usr/lib/mail/execmail or other wierdness. I run all of the other boxes
with smail2.5 patched to understand xenix conventions.

Does anyone have suggestions or meaningful experiences with a whole subsystem
replacement? Should I get smail3.1 working? Or should I think about
going full force and snarfing sendmail and rmail sources from uunet?
This box will have only uucp connections for the near future, but might
wind up with a thinwire on the back in a couple of years. Do I need to plan
for this now or cross that bridge when I get there?

Comments?

Michael
--
Michael Batchelor--Systems/Operations Engineer #compliments and complaints
WSHB - An International Broadcast Station of   #   letterbox at csms.com
 The Christian Science Monitor Syndicate, Inc. #technical questions and reports
michaelb at wshb.csms.com         +1 803 625 4880 #   letterbox-tech at csms.com