need help/info to solve Xenix running in high speed (12 Mhz)

Kent Hioe khioe at mona.Jpl.Nasa.Gov
Sat Dec 29 07:44:25 AEST 1990

Happy Holidays...

I need some help/information on how to solve the problem I had recently on
my Xenix-286 running on the 12 Mhz mother board.

Recently ( about 2 weeks ago), I replaced my old 10 Mhz mother board with
a new 12 Mhz mother board and keep all existing video card, floppy/hard
drive controller, I/O card and 2 other add on graphic cards.

Xenix OS has been running fine at 12 Mhz for 2 weeks. Suddently, yesterday,
the system locked up and does not want to boot since then. An error message
appeared on the screen : mount fail. But Xenix will boot up and run fine
if I switch the system to lower speed (8 Mhz).

Does any body know what cause this problem and how to solve it ?

Thanks

Kent
khioe at mona.Jpl.Nasa.Gov
elroy!mona.Jpl.Nasa.Gov!khioe