TCP/IP: Login problems

Richard Muirden ram at lionet.wesley.oz.au
Thu Dec 6 16:29:51 AEST 1990

Hi,

We've come accross a problem that we can't seem to fix. We have a  386/20
running Xenix 2.3.2 and SCO TCP/IP 1.0.1h Runtime.

Using NCSA Telnet 2.3b11 we're trying to get a remote login, with all
machines having 3Com 3C503 (3ComB) Cards.

All we get when we attempt a login is:

Xenix System V.2.3.2 (lionet.wesley.oz.au)

And then telnet jumps to dos!! We have made a connection once or
twice though.

So, does anyone have any ideas?

Richard Muirden,                         |Humble Computer Science Student &
System Administrator,                    |Star Trek Fan!
Wesley College Melbourne (Prahran Campus)+--My opinions are my own-----------
mail: ram at lionet.wesley.OZ.AU            |mail: s892024 at minyos.xx.rmit.OZ.AU