RTSFLOW/CTSFLOW (handshake) with TCP/IP (was: FAS 2.07 and TCP/IP)

Luc Rooijakkers lwj at cs.kun.nl
Mon Dec 17 21:57:52 AEST 1990

horke at buchonia.rhoen.in-berlin.de (Bernhard Kroenung) writes:

>Since I use TCP/IP with the FAS 2.07 the Hardware-Handshake won`t work ...
>Has somebody made similar experiences ??

Yes. Using SCO XENIX 2.3.2 with a working Trailblazer configuration with
hardware handshake, we installed SCO TCP/IP 1.0.0. After that, the hardware
handshake stopped working. That is, it is initially enabled (by the
dialer), but after the dialer exits, uucico does some ioctl's (if I
remember correctly, they were a TCGETA / TCSETA), after which the
RTSFLOW/CTSFLOW flags are lost. I have not yet tracked it down, but it
seems that for some reason the slip driver does not recognize these
flags. This seems plausible, given that these flags are a SCO invention
and so Lachman TCP/IP (on which SCO's is based) probably did not support
it. However, this is a conjecture: I have not yet been able to track it
down. Very annoying, though.

Can anyone tell me if the newest version (1.0.1h) has this problem also ?

Luc Rooijakkers                                 Internet: lwj at cs.kun.nl
Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science     UUCP: uunet!cs.kun.nl!lwj
University of Nijmegen, the Netherlands         tel. +3180652271