help with uucp needed

Michael P. Deignan mpd at anomaly.sbs.com
Wed Dec 26 23:02:51 AEST 1990

jay at gdx.UUCP (Jay A. Snyder) writes:

>$ uucp wa3wbu!eds1!psuvax1!rutgers!uunet!rayssd!anomaly!/usr/spool/uucppublic/archives/egrep.tar.Z ~uucp

Interesting.

>yeilds:

>illegal  syntax wa3wbu!eds1!psuvax1!rutgers!uunet!rayssd!anomaly!/usr/spool/uucppublic/archives/egrep.tar.Z

Understandably.

>How do I get this file via uucp w/o a direct connection to anomaly?

You don't. Even assuming we allowed rayssd to UUCP files from us, each
site in your path would also have to allow the calling site to UUCP to/from
them.

Sorry to break it to you, but either give up, or break down and call long
distance.

MD
--
-- Michael P. Deignan, President     -- Small Business Systems, Inc. --
-- Domain: mpd at anomaly.sbs.com       -- Box 17220, Esmond, RI 02917  --