Mailing list to newsgroup: smail aliases needed

Ken McVay kmcvay at oneb.UUCP
Sun Nov 4 15:20:23 AEST 1990

I am looking for a simple way to redirect inbound mailing lists to local
newsgroups, via smail's aliases file.

I've tried fiddling with various inews and recnews commands without
success, and am hoping someone out there will have a canned solution.

I'm running SCO XENIX 2.3.2 and Bnews 2.11...

I have some mailing lists redirected to a spooldir for manual posting
via a script kindly provided by gst at gnosys, but I'd like to have some of
the lists simply pass through the smail aliases file directly to the
newsgroup...

Any help offered which in any way deals with list handling will be
appreciated!

--
1B Systems Management Limited, Nanaimo, British Columbia | kmcvay at oneb.uucp