SCO XENIX 2.3.2 on i486

John Watson usenet at carssdf.UUCP
Fri Nov 2 16:01:22 AEST 1990

> We have SCO XENIX 386 2.3.2 and I have been asked to install it on an
> NCR PC486/MC25.
> 1)	Does it run? I know ODT runs, but it's UNIX, not XENIX.

Yes it runs on 2 different 486's I have installed.  One had an elaborate
external cache and the other used only the Chips&Tech Chipset.  One problem,
a 82C206 by Seimens was failing, giving wierd DMA problems.

> 2)	How to copy the distribution disks to 3.5. I have 5.25" media.

Simple answer, temporarly hang a 5.25 disk on the system as the first drive.

John Watson, self employed programmer,   ...!carssdf!usenet