Increasing Stack

Glenn Geers glenn at suphys.physics.su.OZ.AU
Thu Oct 11 09:39:11 AEST 1990

>From article <52 at ncuug.UUCP>, by rayr at ncuug.UUCP (Ray Randolph):
> Hiya all,
> I've compiled the Citadel BBS on my SCO XENIX 286 2.3.2, and when running the
> program I get a 'stack overflow' error.  The command line I used to compile
> it is:
> cc -DXENIX -LARGE
>
> Is there something I could add to the command line to increase the stack?
> It's odd that this seems to happen only some of the time, every once in
> awhile it DOES work correctly, but more often than not I get the error.
>
> I would email my first-born child to whomever can help me with this. :)
>
> -Ray
>
> --
> rayr!ncuug at csu.colostate.edu (or something like that).
> Data: (303)225-1413 HST (or something like that)
> "Here the mirror of dreams of beauty...
>  Here the looking glass of pride and ruined vanity."  -- Clockdva

Hi Ray,
	Use the xenix command fixhdr:

fixhdr -F#### executable where #### is the required stack size in hex (must
be less than 64kb i.e. FFFE).

As for your first-born... If she happens to be about 22 I'd be tempted.

					Cheers,
							Glenn

glenn at qed.physics.su.oz.au

Glenn Geers                       | "So when it's over, we're back to people.
Department of Theoretical Physics |  Just to prove that human touch can have
The University of Sydney          |  no equal."
Sydney NSW 2006 Australia         |  - Basia Trzetrzelewska, 'Prime Time TV'