Reading DC6150 XENIX 2.3.2 tapes under ODT

Michael Squires mikes at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu
Mon Oct 8 13:35:51 AEST 1990

In article <62912 at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu> mikes at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (Michael Squires) writes:
>I'm moving from a XENIX 2.3.2 system to an ODT system.  The old system
>ran XENIX 2.3.2 GT and used a Cipher 150MKII SCSI tape drive to write
>150MB DC6150 cartridge tapes (QIC-150, I think).  The target system
>has a Archive Scorpion 2150S running off an Adaptec 1542B controller
>(which also supports the primary drive).

More information:  I changed the buffer to 32K and the unit now reads
one DC6150 tape correctly and writes a DC600 60MB tape correctly, as
advertised.  I wrote the backups onto DC6320 tapes (they were what I had
and the Cipher accepted them) and am beginning to suspect that the media
is the problem.

SCSICNTL.EXE recognizes the tape drive and seems to think everything is OK.
Sytos which worked with the Cipher tape drive no longer functions, however;
apparently the 1542B and the 1540 are different enough to make a Sytos
upgrade necessary.

--

Mike Squires (mikes at iuax.cs.indiana.edu) Phn: 812 855 3974 (w) 812 333 6564 (h)
mikes at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu          546 N Park Ridge Rd., Bloomington, IN 47408