'Make' rules work on LOCAL disk, not on NFS mount

Roger Masse roj at dodads.dco.dec.com
Thu Oct 4 08:14:06 AEST 1990

|> Can some kind soul tell me why this doesn't work:
|> -------------------------------------------------
|> 1% df -v
|> Mount Dir  Filesystem              blocks      used      free   %used
|> /          /dev/root                96038     76762     19276    79%
|> /u6        optigfx:/u6             489616    230756    258860    47%
|> 2% cd /u6/foo
|> 3% cat Makefile
|> all: t.o
|> 	cc t.o
|> 	@echo done...
|>
|> .c.o:
|> 	cc -c $<
|>
|> 4% cat t.c
|> main() {}
|> 5% make
|> Make:  Don't know how to make t.o.  Stop.

Must be peculiar to SCO.  It works over NFS from my ULTRIX 4.0 DECstation.

Regards,

        Roger Masse'

        8301 Professional Place          Digital Equipment Corporation
        Landover, Maryland, 20785        Washington ULTRIX Resource Center
        Internet: roj at dco.dec.com        uucp: decvax!decuac!roj

        Disclaimer:  My opinions do not necessarily represent anything.