X-Windows under Xenix

Chain Lee chain at paul.rutgers.edu
Fri Oct 5 08:22:49 AEST 1990

In article <N025FC.90Oct3204818 at tamuts.tamu.edu>, n025fc at tamuts.tamu.edu (Kevin Weller) writes:

> Is there anyone here who has compiled and installed X-Windows under
> Xenix System V or knows if it's possible?  If so, what are reasonable
> hardware requirements?  I'm running release 2.3.3 on a 386/25.
>
> Thanks -- Kev

I have got ico, xclock, twm, etc. running. You need about 80 Meg disk
space, a mouse and a VGA. If you were able to compile and run MGR
window, there should be no hardware problem for running X. In the case
of software, you will probably want to write a BSD socket driver
( as I did ), which will make porting much easier.

Chain Lee
chain at paul.rutgers.edu
chain at datacube.com