simple Internet mailers

Ronald Florence ron at mlfarm.uucp
Wed Oct 17 23:26:26 AEST 1990

I have been a satisfied user of smail 2.5.  Our primary upstream host
is now in the process of shifting their mail connections from uucp to
a direct Internet connection.  It would be more efficient for us and
for them if our outgoing mail to Internet sites were delivered to them
in a way that would route directly to the Internet, instead of via
uucp agents.  In other words, I would like the domain-addressed mail
to arrive at the upstream node addressed to whoever at wherever.domain,
rather than in the bang-path that smail 2.5 produces from domain
addresses.

I assume that smail 3.1 or sendmail would do the job, but wonder if
there is a simpler way.

Thanks.

Ronald Florence			mlfarm!ron at hsi.com
				uunet!{hsi,rayssd}!mlfarm!ron