multiport serial board info needed

Dave Taylor {guest} dt at mathcs.emory.edu
Thu Oct 25 01:07:47 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct23.190858.20931 at mrspoc.Transact.COM> itkin at guinan.Transact.COM writes:
>dt at mathcs.emory.edu (Dave Taylor {guest}) writes:
>
>>We are looking for a board with good multi-screens.  Mscreen just doesn't cut
>>the mustard and if we can have everything done on the I/O board, then we can
>>save the extra CPU processing as well as memory.

[ Removed stuff about specific vendors ]
>I'd have to ask "Why worry about the hardware vendor?  Why not try
>MultiView?"
>
>No, I don't own stock in JSB (who makes MultiView) or SCO (who sells
>it for XENIX).  I DO use it and LOVE it.  Little windows all over my
>terminal screen and stuff.  Print screen and cut and paste and...

Multiview IS a very nice product, BUT there are a couple of limitations that
probably wouldn't matter to most people, but we will have about 40 people on
our system by the end of the year and multiview can only run on 32 real
terminals at one time.  Another limitation that seems a little less significant
is 192 windows system-wide.

We are really impressed by the flexiblity of the menuing system, but we have to
have it on all terminals or no terminals.  Is anyone award of a Multiview up-
grade to more terminals?

Thanks in advance...

--david

David E. Taylor, OMSS UNIX Development // Operation Mobilization USA
AT&T: (404) 631-0432  +====+  UUCP:  {decvax, sun!sunatl, gatech}!emory!omusa!dt
FAX:  (404) 631-0439  +====+  Internet: dt%omusa.uucp at mathcs.emory.edu
--
David E. Taylor, OMSS UNIX Development // Operation Mobilization USA
FAX:  (404) 631-0439  +====+  Internet: dt%om.uucp at mathcs.emory.edu