Increasing Stack

Roger Knopf 5502 rogerk at sco.COM
Fri Oct 12 13:49:22 AEST 1990

In article <52 at ncuug.UUCP> rayr at ncuug.UUCP (Ray Randolph) writes:
>Hiya all,
>I've compiled the Citadel BBS on my SCO XENIX 286 2.3.2, and when running the
>program I get a 'stack overflow' error.  The command line I used to compile
>it is:
>cc -DXENIX -LARGE
>
>Is there something I could add to the command line to increase the stack?
>It's odd that this seems to happen only some of the time, every once in
>awhile it DOES work correctly, but more often than not I get the error.

Add "-F <stacksize in hex>" to your cc line. You can also use fixhdr
on the binary to play with different stack sizes:

	fixhdr -F 2000 /usr/local/binary

The default stack size is 1000 (thats hex, remember).

>I would email my first-born child to whomever can help me with this. :)

Oboyoboyoboy! Am I first? Can't wait to see how you do this! Um,
it isn't a teenager, I hope....

--
Roger Knopf                                "Alas, poor Schoenberg; whose
SCO Consulting Services			   aesthetic is perhaps too fine to be