WANTED: GNU Software (emacs, gcc) & X Install Scripts & Patches

A J Annala annala at neuro.usc.edu
Sat Oct 20 12:23:27 AEST 1990

I am a biologist and not a computer scientist.  I have an SCO sysv/386 3.2
os running on a 30MHz 80386/80387 box with an ESDI Maxtor 676 MB disk plus
an Archive Viper 150 MB cartridge tape drive.  I would like to install the
gnu emacs, gcc, and x window software packages.  Any help in the form of
installation instructions, shell scripts, patches, and/or pointers to ftp
sites containing such materials would be much appreciated.  GNU emacs and
gcc seem to be unable to install using the default sysv-3/386/xenix scripts.

Perhaps someone would be so kind as to provide this information directly to
me via email and/or to the list at large by posting.

Thanks, AJ