LANSmart and FTP's PC/TCP

Nirad Sharma exnirad at brolga.cc.uq.oz.au
Mon Oct 8 15:17:11 AEST 1990

Okay, after hearing from people at FTP Software and others running this
configuration I would like to know what version of LANsmart they are running.
What I am planning to do is run LANsmart and PC/TCP on the PCs while running
SCO TCP/IP on the Xenix machine (IBM PS/2 Model 80). My understanding is that
I must first load a packet driver for my D-Link cards (which I have access to)
and then LOGON to the Lansmart server followed by installing the PC/TCP kernel.
The packet driver decides which of the two is to get a particular packet etc.
Is this all correct ?

This is all fine. I can get the packet drivers and I will purchase PC/TCP. But
what about LANSmart ? I am currently running version E1.26 over D-Link cards
with no packet drivers, no nothing. Just LOGON from the PC. Will this same
exact copy of LANSmart now work with packet drivers ? Do I need an upgrade ?
What am I to do ? Could anyone who is doing this send me the version numbers of
their PC/TCP, LANSmart & XENIX-TCP software. The PC AUTOEXEC.BAT would also
be greatly appreciated.

By the way, there aren't any horror stories concerning TCP on Xenix, are there ?
Also, how does the remote tar in PC/TCP connect to the Xenix TCP and use the
tape drive ?

Thanks for all help. (I just want to bury this soon.)

Nirad Sharma (exnirad at brolga.cc.uq.oz.au)
Continuing Education Unit
The University of Queensland
AUSTRALIA