TERMCAP entries for terminals

Kean Johnston kean at pscnet.UUCP
Fri Oct 5 01:30:50 AEST 1990

Please can anyone out there help me?
I am trying to set up a TERMCAP entry for SCO Xenix/386 2.3.3 for my
terminal, which is a DOS machine running Telix. I can run Telix in either
ANSI or VT102 mode. What I need is a FULL list of all the escape sequences
for ANSI/VT102 terminals so that I can create all the necessary fields in
the TERMCAP file. Quite a lot of them I have, but does anyone have a full
list of codes?

Secondly, we come to the subject of keycodes. Telix (and most other DOS
comms packages worth their salt) come with a "doorway" mode which will
send the PC scan-codes of the key pressed instead of a normal ASCII code.
How do I go about telling the system what these codes mean, so that
programs like CRISP and MS-Word will listen to them? Is there any support
in the TERMCAP database for extended key codes at all ? For example, if
I press Alt-X in doorway mode, it might send the scancode 0x00d1. Is it up
to the application to interpret this, or can I set this via TERMCAP.

Would using TERMINFO instead make my life any easier?

Any help at all would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

--
 Kean Johnston: kean at pscnet.UUCP    Bang: ..!ddsw1!olsa99!tabbs!pscnet!kean