GCC with Xenix Include files

pgd at bbt.se pgd at bbt.se
Tue Oct 16 18:16:29 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct14.161854 at cs.yale.edu> fields-doug at cs.yale.edu (Doug Fields) writes:
>I have a problem. Does anyone have a set of include and include/sys files that
>are AOK with GCC and are compatible with Xenix/386 from SCO? I got the compiler
>to run fine, etc., but really now... It doesn't like my includes, especially
>curses.h!!!
>
>Perhaps I have to make GREATER use of the -traditional flag... But c'mon now...
>Did SCO really mess up their compiler and DevSys that bad???
>
>Always looking for great Xenix ports of GNU products...

If you update to 2.3.3 you will find that the include files, if
possible, are even more screwed up. That is, the same symbols are
defined in different include files, that you sometimes have to load
together.
The solution is to edit the include files (are you listening SCO?) in
the style of:
	#ifndef SIZE_T_DEFINED
	typedef unsigned int size_t;
	#define	SIZE_T_DEFINED
	#endif
whenever you get a name clash. I have found around half a dozen of
them so far...
When you are there, you can as well putin definitions of the following
kind also:
	#ifndef STDIO_INCLUDED
	#define	STDIO_INCLUDED
	The sco-supplied stdio.h
	#endif

After this, most include files work with gcc and without -traditional.