ld problem on Xenix Patchlevel 27

Ronald S H Khoo ronald at robobar.co.uk
Wed Oct 24 05:55:53 AEST 1990

[ I've redirected followups to xenix.sco since this is a xenix issue, and
  cc'd the mailing list. ]

bill at camco.Celestial.COM (Bill Campbell) writes:

>> 	ld   -r array.o cmd.o cons.o consarg.o doarg.o doio.o dolist.o dump.o eval.o form.o hash.o malloc.o perly.o regcomp.o regexec.o stab.o str.o toke.o util.o perl.o -ldbm -lx -lm -o uperl.o
>> ld: error unknown option 'd'
>> *** Error code 1

As a workaround, I think you can say
	/lib/ldr -o uperl.o $(OBJS) /lib/386/Slibdbm.a /lib/386/Slibx.a \
		/lib/386/Slibm.a /usr/local/lib/gcc-gnulib

but I haven't yet produced an executable from uperl.o -- curseperl will
need hacking to work under xenix, and I got sidetracked between builing
uperl.o and trying to make plain perl from it :-)

You may need SLS lng#238 to get an adequate /lib/ldr, but I'm not sure.

SCO have not yet managed to produce a working ldr -- the lng #238 one
core dumps on building groff, and the original one just produces garbage,
so you may find that not bothering with uperl.o may well be the way to go. :-(
--
ronald at robobar.co.uk +44 81 991 1142 (O) +44 71 229 7741 (H)