Permissions Entry for UUCP rmail

Robert A Bullington rabullin at athena.mit.edu
Fri Oct 19 00:53:32 AEST 1990

I am trying to configure my 386sx running Xenix 2.3.2 (HDB UUCP) to communicate
via mail with an AT&T Unix Machine which is not on any network.  In trying to
set up a  Permissions entry, both me and my AT&T counterpart have tried the
obvious - running uutry shows that both machines recognize each other, pick
the 'g' protocal, etc. etc.  - we've both set sendfiles and request to yes -
rmail under commands.  Still, attempted mail transfers fail.  Would anyone
like to share suggestions for a good Permissions entry.  I'm particularly
interested in appropriate settings for the READ and WRITE directory restrictions so that RMAIL transfers are possible (if this even matters).  Any input would
be greatly apppreciated, and yes, if you mail directly to:

	rabullin at athena.mit.edu

I will gladly post a summary.

Thanks in advance!

--