modem callback and c2 security

Rich Pinder rpinder at phad.hsc.usc.edu
Wed Apr 24 10:12:37 AEST 1991

SCO v 3.2 rel 2

I have successfully been able to get the ct command to call me back at home
(I used the 'at' command to initiate the callback), and get a login from
the machine, but when logging in I think I'm up against the security system
of this version of the OS ( have left the c2 security in place).  I get
errors saying something to the effect of improper user id - after a couple
of attemts it locks both the port as well as the user id.

The script file that I redirected to the 'at' command is owned by the same
user name that I was trying to log in as.

	script file 'callhome' :
		nohup ct -h -s9600 <my number>

	then I run:
		at now + 3 min < callhome

	and then log off

any ideas on how to get around this one??

		Rich Pinder
		USC School of Medicine
		(213) 342-1640

		rpinder at usc.edu