XENIX drivers for ATI VGAWonder

Joe Foster 6600joef at ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu
Thu Apr 18 04:35:13 AEST 1991

In article <10541 at hub.ucsb.edu> 6600joef at ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Joe Foster) writes:

>Hello, all. I've been looking for drivers for the ATI VGAWonder graphics card.
>I'm getting sick of being limited to VGA 640x480x16 and 320x200x256 and would
>like to use the enhanced 800x600 and 1024x768 modes of this card from within
>SCO XENIX 386GT version 2.3.3. My distributor hasn't been of much help with
>this, and I hope someone out there in Cyberspace can help me out. Thanks!

>						Joe Foster
>						6600joef at ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu
>						joef at cs.ucsb.edu

Well, after some long and expensive conversations with both ATI and SCO, no
driver for the enhanced color and resolution modes exist. ATI says that they
have provided the information necessary to write a driver to SCO, but they
wouldn't give that information to me, and SCO wants $400 for technical support
before they would let me ask for that information. I did cough up the $100 for
access to SCO's technical support BBS. I hope the info's there. If I get the
info and am able to write my own driver, I will post that fact here. It will
take a while, since I have some computer-science classes to deal with as well.

						Joe Foster