C-News ?

Steve Ginn sginn at hlthnt.UUCP
Mon Apr 29 15:27:21 AEST 1991

I am still very new at programming and have run across the following
problem when trying to compile (using doit.bin) C-News under Xenix 2.3.1

I get the following errors and the associated file (I believe)
follows as well.

If anyone has any ideas to help out a novice I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Steve Ginn

P.S.  If anyone by chance happens to have successfully compiled
C-News under Xenix 2.3.1 - 2.3.3, I would appreciate any suggestions
concerning its setup, since the Docs have very little specific
information for Xenix owners.  Also, I would appreciate hearing
anything concerning C-News from Xenix owners, either Pro or Con.

The following is the beginning of the error messages I received
upon running "doit.bin"

+make u COPTS=-O
	cc -O -I../include -c warning.c

warning.c
warning.c (30): error C2143: syntax error: missing ')' before ';'
warning.c (30): error C2143: syntax error: missing ';' before ';'

*** Error code 2

Stop.
+exit 1

The following is excerpt from "warning.c" with appropriate line No.'s:

24	if (cmdname != NULL && *cmdname != '\0')
25		fprintf(stderr, "%s:", cmdname);	/* No space after :. */
26	if (progname != NULL)
27		fprintf(stderr, "%s: ", progname);
28	fprintf(stderr, s1, s2);
29	if (saverrno != 0)
30		fprintf(stderr, "(%s)", strerror(saverrno));
31	fprintf(stderr, "\n");
32	(void) fflush(stderr);
33	errno = 0;
34 }

I know this is probably too easy for most, but as I said, I am just
trying to learn!  Thanks!

Steve Ginn                              7309 Parkland Dr.
Health-Net Systems, Inc.		El Paso, Texas  79925
UUCP:  unmvax!bbx!hlthnt!sginna         (915) 779-6245
INTERNET:  sginn%hlthnt at bbx.basis.com