The swich with dailight savings time

Tim Evans tkevans at fallst.UUCP
Thu Apr 11 09:26:55 AEST 1991

In <1991Apr9.073715.8969 at tygra.UUCP> jp at tygra.UUCP (John Palmer) writes:

>Oh, and XENIX cron doesn't respond to SIGHUP by reading the cron files
>again. If you update anything in /usr/spool/cron/crontabs, you have to
>kill the current cron and start a new one. Maybe SCO should fix this.

Don't tell me you're directly editing the files in /usr/spool/cron/crontabs!

Do this, to be safe, and to make cron re-read the changes you make:

o	crontab -l > tempfile

o	edit 'tempfile' to enter your cron changes

o	crontab tempfile

--
UUCP:		{rutgers|ames|uunet}!mimsy!woodb!fallst!tkevans
INTERNET:	tkevans%fallst at wb3ffv.ampr.org
Tim Evans	2201 Brookhaven Ct, Fallston, MD 21047