Dialers

Jim Rendant jimr at vpnet.chi.il.us
Sat Apr 6 16:55:02 AEST 1991

I have been trying to find out why my modem (HST9600) has not been reset
properly after it hangs the line up. I have used the &hstxxx just like SCO
recommends. IE; hayes2400 &hayes2400 setup/reset examples. Has anyone ever
actual had them work?

I am sitting here with a ARC7700 data line analyzer and i should be able to see
any traffic between modem & computer. I see the inital startup initiated by a
"cu" or "uucp" command but after the disconnect I don't see the computer tellingthe modem to reset itself or do I see the computer
trying to send data back to
the modem. Where am I going wrong? I use the tilde period method of logging off
ie:~. <return> and I don't see anything happening.

Has anyone tried to wotk with this.
Your help would be appreciated........
Jim Rendant (312)-637-8618