Wanted: Berkely's telnetd for Xenix!

Travis Bissett tbissett at nstar.rn.com
Mon Feb 18 02:59:14 AEST 1991

simon at ms.uky.edu (G. Simon Gales) writes:

> The summary line says it all.  We've got Excelan on two machines, and SCO's
> tcp/ip seems to be braindead.  Are there other tcp/ip vendors out there?
>
> --
>                     Simon Gales at The University of Kentucky
>       simon at ms.uky.edu    simon at UKMA.BITNET    {rutgers, uunet}!ukma!simon

Just to let you believe there may be other tcp/ip sources, I'm running
Interlan's NP621-386 package on SCO Xenix SVr2.3.2, and it mostly works OK.
There are two features that "bug" me -- rsh is renamed rshl and rcp is
renamed rcpy (these are due to a name conflict in the Xenix mail (Micnet?)
stuff). The Telnetd seems to be buggy in that it seems to cook everything. I
can't find a way to force a raw and talking though my dealer to Inteerlan
doesn't produce any result beyond "the price of an upgrade package is $xxx".
The telentd thing is a nuissance; for example ^S and ^Q get translated to
the literal chars that I just typed. So xon/xoff is disabled in a nasty way.
I tend to use rlogin when I can since it (rlogind) works better. Keep
looking tho. I believe source is available (like from Gnu) for many tcp/ip
utilities. Hope this helps.

--
Travis Bissett             NSTAR conferencing site 219-289-0287
internet: tbissett at nstar.rn.com       1300 newsgroups - 8 inbound lines